Terms of agreement for domains
- These Terms (the “Agreement”) govern the relationship between the customer (“Customer”) and Loopia AB org. No. 556633-9304, Kopparbergsvägen 8, 722 13 Västerås, 08-506 77 150, (hereinafter referred to as “ Web site support ”), regarding registration and administration of domain names (the “Service”).
- Customer may be a legal or legal person. Customer may not provide or transfer the Services (in whole or in part) to anyone else without WebSupport’s consent. Customer may delegate the operation and updates of web pages etc. to another natural or legal person, but this does not limit Customer’s liability under this agreement.
- The content of the Service is specified in a separate order confirmation / invoice and on WebSupport’s websites. Websupport offers the Service regarding the top level domains (“TLD”) that are listed on Websupport’s website from time to time.
- Web Support provides free support for the Service. This is done via e-mail and information on Websupport’s website.
3. Term and termination
- The customer’s order for the Service is binding, but the customer can cancel the order according to point 3.2. Agreements are considered entered into when Websupport has issued a confirmation, and then runs during the contract period specified on Websupport’s invoice.
- Web support complies with the Distance and Home Sales Act (2005: 59) for all Customers. Web support provides special and additional information about this in connection with the Customer’s order. Web site support cannot return purchased domain names and Customer’s purchase of domain names can therefore only be canceled until payment is made, but not later.
- Websupport does not apply any binding time. Once the Agreement has entered into force, it will run during the contract period specified on WebSupport’s confirmation. When an agreement period has expired, the Agreement will be extended by renewal invoice or in the manner stated on Websupport’s website. Customers who, despite reminders, do not pay according to Websupport’s renewal procedures are considered to have terminated the Agreement. The service is terminated at the earliest after two (2) weeks from Websupport’s reminder of renewal. Such reminder is sent to the Customer by e-mail to the address specified by the Customer.
- The Customer may terminate the Agreement at any time and without cause during the current contract period. Withdrawal is most easily done by contacting Websupport’s Customer Center. If Customer does not pay Websupport’s renewal invoice in spite of a reminder, the Agreement is considered terminated by Customer. Unfortunately, Web Support cannot repay fees already paid, since TLD’s registries do not allow such repayment.
- Website support sends email notifications to our customers who are domain owners before and after the domain name’s expiration date with information on domain renewal for all generic TLDs. For information on these mailings and when they occur, please read more here .
4. Terms change and transfer
- Websupport has the right to change these terms, with effect thirty (30) days after publication. Changes to contract terms are announced on Websupport’s website and via e-mail to all customers. Customers who do not accept the new terms have the right to terminate the agreement immediately in accordance with clause 3.4.
- Customer may lease or transfer the Service and its rights and obligations under the Agreement to another if WebSupport has approved such lease or transfer in advance. Transfer and consent must be made in writing and come into force from the date Websupport has admitted the transfer. Resignation The Customer is not liable to pay any obligations arising after the transfer date. Accession The Customer is not liable to pay any obligations incurred before the transfer date.
- Web Support may, in whole or in part, assign its obligations and rights under the Agreement to another company.
- The fees to be paid by Customer for the Service are set out on WebSupport’s website websupport.se/en/domains/ and confirmation. Payment is made in the manner chosen by the Customer in his order. If the Customer has selected an invoice, payment terms will be thirty (30) days net.
- Web Support is entitled to charge payment reminder fees. Interest on late payments is not charged.
- The customer must promptly notify Web Support if an invoice is considered incorrect. If the Customer has objected to the invoice within eight (8) days and has stated a factual basis for the charge, Websupport shall grant deferment with payment of the disputed amount.
- Change of fee is notified in writing in accordance with paragraph 4.1 above. Fees change will take effect in connection with a new contract period, unless the change is caused by factors that Websupport does not control. Temporary promotional prices do not affect ongoing agreements.
- A domain name can be reset for a certain period of time and in certain cases, in accordance with the TLDs policy at any given time, if the Customer has not paid Websupport’s renewal invoice on time (“redemption period”). Web support charges, for some domain names, restoration fees. These fees are set out in websupport.se/en/domains/ .
6. Unauthorized use
- The Customer may not use the Service in violation of the Agreement, applicable law or to promote inappropriate or unethical activities. Domain names and websites covered and administered by the Service may not disseminate, contain, point to or forward the following materials:
• Information that infringes third parties’ intellectual property rights.
• Computer viruses or other malicious code;
• Child pornographic, pornographic, discriminatory, racist, degrading, threatening or violent material or other material that constitutes unlawful threats, incitement to a public group, slander or that encourages illegal acts or activities;
- Websupport is entitled to immediately suspend the Service, cancel this Agreement and take other legal action if the Customer’s use of the Service is in violation of clause 6.1 or if the Customer uses the Service in a way that risks damaging Websupport.
• Distribution or similar of unsolicited e-mail (so-called spam) or other mailings that are not made with the recipient’s consent.
7. Websupports responsibility
- Websupport will take all reasonable steps to keep the Service available to the Customer. However, web support cannot guarantee the availability of the Service.
- Websupport has the right to take any action that affects the availability of the Service if required for technical, maintenance, operational or security reasons, or due to law, governmental decisions or decisions made by the competent registry unit of relevant top level domains or by such a registered entity. The Customer further confirms that Web Support or the TLD registry may suspend or restrict the Service in accordance with applicable policies, eg to correct mistakes or in connection with domain name disputes. Website support should never be held responsible for transfer, shutdown or anything else that affects the domain service when such action is taken because requirements from the registry for TLD or affiliated organization (eg ICANN).
- Websupport is solely responsible for damage caused by neglect of Websupport or Websupport’s subcontractor. For Non-Consumer Customers, Websupport’s liability is limited so that (i) indirect damages are not compensated (whereby loss of profit, lost savings, lost goodwill or loss / loss of data should always be regarded as indirect damage), and (ii) a total amount corresponding to the fee for the applicable contract period. Websupport’s liability is not limited to any damage that Customer may show has been caused by gross negligence or intention on the part of Websupport.
- Websupport is never responsible for any damage that may occur as a result of the ordered domain name being entered or being admitted before the order is completed with the TLD registry.
- Customers who suffer damage due to a fault at Websupport must notify them immediately. Web support does not provide compensation for damage that could have been avoided. Claims for damages must be submitted in writing to Websupport and must arrive within a reasonable time after the Customer has marked or removed the basis for the claim.
8. Customer responsibility
- Customer guarantees that ALL information provided to Web Support is accurate and complete. The Customer undertakes to immediately notify Websupport of any changes. If Customer intentionally submits inaccurate, misleading or unreliable information, if Customer does not correct incorrect or misleading information within seven (7) days or does not respond to questions from Web Support regarding submitted information within fifteen (15) days, Web Support may take the measures set out in clause 6.2. The customer must always provide at least full name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and (if applicable) fax number before registering a domain name. In addition, if the Customer is a company or organization, the name of a person authorized to represent the company or organization must always be provided.
- The Customer is responsible for the Customer having the right to register and use the domains ordered and / or administered by Web Support through the Service. Customer guarantees that ordered domain names or other information that Customer provides to WebSupport does not directly or indirectly infringe third party rights.
- The customer is responsible for – before submitting an order to Websupport – read all the terms and conditions as a registry for TLD and affiliated organizations (eg ICANN) issue and apply from time to time. The Customer hereby confirms and agrees to comply with the terms and obligations that the Registry for TLD and affiliated organizations impose on Web Support and the Customer. WebSupport’s website contains information or references to the terms and conditions that apply to the respective top-level domain.
- The Customer shall hold Websupport and the TLD Registry without prejudice to any damage (costs, damages and reasonable legal costs) caused by Websupport or the Registry for TLD arising from the Customer’s use of the domain name, breach of the Agreement or applicable legislation. The Customer further confirms that he shall defend and maintain the registry for TLD and affiliated organizations (including so-called Registry Operators), and its boards and staff, indemnified for all claims pertaining to the Customer’s registered domain (s). This obligation also applies after the termination of this Agreement has otherwise expired.
- The Customer acknowledges and accepts that Websupport is obliged to comply with certain specific rules regarding contact information that is forwarded to a registry for a TLD and third parties, and to what extent such contact information is made public.
- Use of the domain name may be suspended or revoked as well as the domain name may be transferred in the event that Websupport or other registered domain name is inadvertently or in the event of a decision by a competent dispute resolution officer to do so.
9. Personal data
- All information that the Customer transmits to Web Support will be treated as confidential information and in accordance with applicable personal data legislation. Websupport collects and uses personal information in order to be able to provide the Service in accordance with the Agreement and Websupport’s agreement with the TLD registry. For such personal data as Websupport under contract is obliged to collect and transfer to a registry for TLD, the respective registry for TLD’s personal data is responsible. For any personal data that is not transferred from Websupport to the registry for TLDs, Websupport is responsible for personal data. Websupport undertakes to take appropriate technical and organizational safeguards for all personal data processed by Websupport within the Service. The Customer may at any time contact Websupport’s Customer Center for more information about Websupport’s personal data processing, and to correct any incorrect personal information. The information that is required to be submitted to Websupport is set out in clause 8.1.
- The Customer hereby agrees that Websupport (i) publishes information about the Customer in accordance with a “whois” policy issued by a registry for a TLD; (iii) may process the Customer’s personal data in accordance with the Agreement with the help of personal data assistants. The Customer further agrees to transfer to a third country in the event that a TLD registry is located in a third country outside the European Union. Whois information will be published openly on the Internet.
- The Customer guarantees that the Customer has obtained the consent of the contact persons to register and process personal data as above, as well as that information has been provided to the data subject in accordance with what is stated above before ordering the Service.
- Websupport shall take reasonable steps to protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
10. Third-party registrations, licensing and transfer of domain names
- A registration where contact information for technical contact person or billing information differs from domain name holders is considered by WebSupport as a third party registration. Customers who make a third-party registration should always register correct and necessary end-customer contact information so that a Whois service can identify the end-customer.
- The domain name holder is responsible for ensuring that all information is correct according to clause 8.1.
- Domain name owners who license their domain name to third parties are responsible for providing all of the information set forth in this agreement. In addition, the domain name holder must provide updated and accurate administrative and technical contact information so that problems can be resolved quickly. The domain name holder is solely responsible for all use of the domain name unless within seven (7) days of requesting it Websupport provides full contact details and identity of the licensee.
- The person who is registered with Whois as the holder is to be considered a domain name holder (“Registrant”) and a person who is registered as a technical or administrative contact must be considered by the domain name holder as authorized to handle all the questions concerning the domain, which depends on the role, of a technical or administrative nature. In the event of transfer of the domain to a third party, the domain name holder shall ensure that the third party accepts these terms. If the person to whom the domain is transferred does not accept these terms, the transfer cannot be performed. The domain name holder hereby authorizes Websupport to act as its designated agent (“Designated Agent”) as set out in ICANN’s Transfer Policy, and then among other things have the right to accept change of holder on the domain name holder’s assignment.
- Each party shall be exempted from damages and other penalties if the performance of the agreement is hindered or hampered by circumstances which the party has not been able to control, such as war, government intervention, burglary, seizures, general restrictions, labor conflict, accidents, adverse transport or weather conditions, restrictions on energy supply or non-deliveries from a subcontractor that a party could not reasonably foresee at the time of entering into the Agreement and whose consequences the party has not been able to avoid or overcome. If the performance of the Agreement has been substantially prevented for longer than one (1) month due to the circumstances stated above, each party is entitled to terminate the agreement in writing without compensation.
- Disputes regarding the interpretation or application of the Agreement shall be decided by a Swedish court in accordance with Swedish law, whereby Stockholm District Court shall be the first instance.
- Disputes related to registered domains are handled in accordance with the policy determined by the respective top level domain. Web Support applies ICANN’s Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (“UDRP”), as it applies from time to time, for all generic TLDs and .nu registrations and renewals, please see icann policy. Websupport does not offer administrative services or assistance in addition to the duties that Websupport has as a result of his / her registration agreement. All other conflicts between the customer and Websupport shall be dealt with in accordance with clause 12.1.
Date of term: 2020-01-31
To read the General Terms and Conditions, click here.